Given that, it is not your dog who has got that masters degree from the country college, so it won’t be aware of the distinction between healthy and hazardous foods. There are numerous food items which may put your dog at risk. Most often, people unknowingly feed their dogs with wrong foods. The details given below will certainly give you a hand with keeping your loved furry companion away from such risks.
Dangerous foods for dogs
These are among those food items that need to be shunned from a dog’s diet-
- Raw eggs- Eggs are extremely beneficial food for dogs. It has protein in the most concentrated form that makes it so highly valuable for them. However, consuming them in uncooked form is really unhealthy for your dog. In fact, raw egg whites are said to bind to any biotin which a dog swallows and stops it from getting absorbed. Cooked eggs can be fed to dogs but that too in normal quantity.
- Onions- Onions contain n-propyl disulfide substance which changes and ultimately destroys all the red blood cells present in the body of a dog. This can cause hemolytic anemia and in some cases death.
- Chocolates- For small dogs, chocolates are a fatal food while for larger ones; it is a serious threat to health. Reason is a chemical substance called theobromine that causes increase in blood pressure and heart rate.
- Cat food- dogs like cat food because of its high fat content, but it is not good for them. It does not have proper balance of nutrients to fulfill their diet.
- Booda velvets- These are the worst form of foods for dogs. Though marketed as completely digestible, they are made from plastic.
- Raw salmon and chilly- it can make your dog prone to bacterial infection which can lead to severe inflammation of bowels and may result in death. Chilies, just avoid a horrifying site.
Avoiding or completely keeping your dog away from these foods will definitely help you to maintain its health safely.